Files Used Throughout the Course
- Important Messages (view or copy): Throughout the course, there are common mathematical mindset and data science messages that are a part of the course. This document is a list of these messages and phrases and an explanation about these topics. When phrases appear in Teacher Notes for further information, see this page.
- Student Concept Organizer (view or copy): This is a running document for the entire course where students have the option to keep track of new topics/concepts/vocabulary words. Students can use this document every time a new concept is introduced, or for the larger components of each unit. As students progress through the course and more examples of using the concepts are worked through, students are encouraged to go back and expand on their organizer definition.
- Student Portfolio (view or copy): At the end of every unit students will build their portfolio in the form of Google Slides. This template recommends that students add a brief description of their project(s), link the projects and optionally link reflections and visuals.
- Groupwork Rubric (view or copy)
- Mathematical Mindset Practices Rubric (view or copy)
- Software Requirements for the course (view or copy)
Unit Presentations in Google Slides
- Unit 1 (view slideshow) (make a copy of slideshow)
- Unit 2 (view slideshow) (make a copy of slideshow)
- Unit 3 (view slideshow) (make a copy of slideshow)
- Unit 4 (view slideshow) (make a copy of slideshow)
- Unit 5 (view slideshow) (make a copy of slideshow)
- Unit 6 (view slideshow) (make a copy of slideshow)
- Unit 7 (view slideshow) (make a copy of slideshow)
- Unit 8 (view slideshow) (make a copy of slideshow)
California A-G Document (download)
Mathematics and CS Standards in the Course (view or make a copy)
University of California announcement that data science can taken as an alternative to Algebra 2 and recent newsletter featuring Explorations in Data Science (includes instructions on how to add the course for 2022-23)
Downloading Curriculum Materials
Links to copy the slideshow for any unit are provided at the beginning of the unit and below. The instructions for any section of a unit can be downloaded as a PDF with working links by following these steps:
- Click the “Print/Save as PDF” icon in the top right corner of a Unit/Section page
- In the print dialogue box, locate the “Destination” drop-down menu and select either a printer or “Save as PDF”
- If you save the page as a PDF, you should be able to click on the links in the PDF to access all materials
Student Experiences with the Course
Watch videos of students who have taken Explorations in Data Science talking about the course!
If you have any further questions please email us at datascience[at]youcubed.org!